Wednesday 6 July 2011

Life in the merc lane

So I have been a mercenary for a couple of weeks now & I have to say I am loving every minute of it. There have been four wars since I have joined and another in its twenty four hour stasis period before it can start. Two wars have finished so I can discuss them, these wars ended very well for us with a total of 31 kills between the two wars. Initially we got a contract for an alliance so naturally we decked them but one Corp left as a result but no one escapes that easily so we decked them as well. The kills came thick & fast with a particular highlight of catching an alliance freighter pilot (I will link all kills mentioned at bottom of the blog) there was also the orca kill which I was not part of choosing to go do missions instead of roam FAIL.

I will not run through all of the kills only the most notable also I got my first solo kill in my Rifter tonight so I will speak of that also. Firstly the Obelisk kill we had formed a fleet in our staging system and were going to hunt for wt's. As we were on our way to our target system. I jumped into Botane as I came onto grid I saw a wt land right on the gate & jump I reported the target & the fleet rushed to the Botane gate in Vylade I burned back to the gate as quick as I could. By the time I had got back to Vylade Nilf had the Obelisk pointed & we began to destroy her. The whole thing taking less than two minutes the pilot asked to pay a ransom but we never noticed her speaking in local to accept.

http://sixty8.org/convicted/killboard/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=291

The Orca kill which I was not part of due to choosing to go do missions. Well the Corp that left the alliance we had decked must not of known that they had a 24 hour stasis period before the war would be over. As the fleet had a neutral alt in the system that found one of it's members dual a Hulk & Orca in Kobam. Fleet got a warp in point from the alt fleet jumps in warps to the alt points both the Hulk & Orca. The pilot logs of half way through his Orca going into shields, Rage Quit much?

http://sixty8.org/convicted/killboard/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=301

My first solo kill came about as I was can flipping & baiting miners in Aidart. I had placed a can next to a miner & an Incursus warped in flipped my can & ran. But I had seen where he warped to belt 2. So I warp into the belt land right on top of him point him & start to Orbit him at 2 km. I let my 150mm Light Autocannon II rip into him & destroy him in about thirty seconds. It's probably not the best solo kill I will ever get but it is my first.

http://sixty8.org/convicted/killboard/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=339

Keep Tanking & Ganking

WatsonMayte

No comments:

Post a Comment