Tuesday 23 August 2011

The futility of the gank

Lately I have started to become bored of ganks & killing noobs. Now don't get me wrong it is fun at times but ultimately it leaves me unsatisfied as there is no challenge. We have started to do more low sec roams but that was only due to lack of targets in high sec. Now as a merc corp we don't really get to pick our targets which often leads to wars on miners or mission runners basically people that put up no resistance & get ganked by one of our camps or we catch them doing a mission & the supposed PvP corps we have to decc just stay docked up or play station games. Now I know this can't be helped by anyone as a contract is a contract & if it pays well we  will accept it. From the few wars where we have had some decent fights it always seems we get one fight beat them & then they stay docked up the rest of the war. I don't think there has been anyone that has actually brought the fight to us we always have to go get them even these so called PvP corps. Now I don't mind travelling 20 - 30 jumps for a fight or even to set up a camp but for once I would like someone to bring a decent fight to us as we would be more than willing to oblige.

Now don't get me wrong I am having fun where I am but there is always that underlying feeling of futility what am I actually learning from killing noobs & miners. I have always stated that I wanted to learn how to PvP so that I could move to null sec eventually but I am a long way from doing that as the corp I am in is fantastic, the pilots are cool, I am learning a lot about PvP & FC'ing from the other pilots & I am in no rush to be moving on. But the fact remains the bulk of anyone's PvP knowledge comes from actually getting out & PvP'ing that is why I have stopped can flipping & have taken to low sec roams when there is no targets to hunt. Though 90% of the time this proves unfruitful I either get blobbed or find no one to fight or those who are willing to fight always have logi support or a falcon alt ready to jump in. Apparently their is no such thing as a fair fight in EVE I don't even care if I lose the fight as long as I get a fight I enjoy it there is no greater feeling than an adrenaline rush & this is what I get when I engage in PvP in EVE. This may be sad but I don't care as it is a great feeling to be able to experience such a rush from your computer chair.

I think what I am trying to say is I need more of a challenge & I hope that the next couple of up-coming wars provide this. I am now going to give you a quick update about my training plan, I have set out a 484 days skill que which will train all Caldari & Minmatar sub cap ships along with near perfect armour, shield, gunnery, missile. drone, rigging & support skills that I fell will provide me with a better skill set for PvP. So expect to see me field some shiny new stuff in the near future.

Keep Tanking & Ganking
WatsonMayte

No comments:

Post a Comment